Smiling is one of the easiest, most effective ways to shift your mood. When you smile you release feel good brain chemicals (including serotonin, endorphins and dopamine) that relax your body, reduce stress and send a powerful message: Life is good.
Plus, when you smile you’re more attractive and people treat you differently. It’s a tiny contagious action that generates a chain reaction. Not only will you feel happier and more confident, you’ll be kinder to yourself and others.
Here are some tips to get you smiling:
- Create smile habits: Smile when you wake-up, get in the car or open doors.
- Do at least one fun activity every day that makes you smile inside and out.
- Go outside, look up at the sun, breath deeply and smile.
- Smile at everyone you see and notice how many people smile back.
- Set an alarm on your computer or watch to remind you to smile.
- Surround your self with happy, positive people and think happy thoughts.
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Share this blog post: